Special Live Virtual Workshop Event: We have added another virtual live workshop, so rather than having participants travel to come to the factory to build their rudder, we will be shipping rudder kits to them (ahead of time, with the needed rudder assembly tools), and be broadcasting live video of the build class so that participants can go through the entire rudder build experience!
We’ll even plan on a live factory tour and demo flight! For this live broadcast event we will be building the STOL CH 750 Super Duty rudder assembly only. We plan addition virtual events for other Zenith models.
- Read the Kitplanes story “Zenith Goes Virtual” about the virtual workshop experience.
To participate in this event (starting a 9:00 am Central Time) you will need the following:
- CH 750 SD rudder kit (we will have this shipped to you prior the event)
- Required tools for assembly (order with the rudder kit)
- Workshop and device with internet access to view and hear the live event
Required tools: The STOL CH 750 Super Duty kit is the most advanced kit ever produced by Zenith Aircraft. The entire rudder kit has been completely pre-drilled (final hole size match-drilled) and is supplied ready to cleco and rivet together. Assembly tools are sold separately (and are used to also assembly the rest of the kit):
- Buy the complete recommended tool kit (especially if you’re planning to build the entire kit).
- Buy individual recommended tools:
- 1/8″ (copper) clecos: Qty. 60
- 5/32″ (black) clecos: Qty. 4
- One set Cleco Pliers
- #30 (1/8″) drill bit: Qty. 1
- #20 (5/32″) drill bity: Qty. 1
- Hand Riveter or Pneumatic Riveter.
(Riveters are supplied with the custom machined heads. Pneumatic riveter requires compressed air system)
Contact Zenith Aircraft Company for more information or to order your rudder kit for the event: (573) 581-9000
- Video: Assembling the STOL CH 750 SD rudder
- Video: Assembling the rudder and STOL CH 750 Super Duty demo flight at the Zenith Workshop
- Video: Zenith Aircraft’s February 2020 factory workshop
- Video: Another detailed look at the STOL CH 750 Super Duty rudder assembly
USA Shipments Only. While we would love to make this available to all customers around the world we don’t believe that any rudder kits will arrive in time for any international shipments for this live workshop event. Of course, we can ship kits and parts to all customers, regardless of location, around the world.
Note: Availability of rudder kits and tools is limited. This event is subject to cancellation (if we are unable to broadcast live).
(Note that you can order the rudder kit and choose to build it on your schedule instead of the schedule date and time. Documentation and manuals are supplied with all rudder kits to allow assembly without the class participation.)
Additional background info:
- Read the article from General Aviation News (4/6/20) about the virtual workshop class for more details.
- Kitplanes Update Video: Zenith Industry Spotlight
- Video: AOPA LIVE THIS WEEK reports on the virtual workshop
- Check out the video from April 2, 2020 about this special event